Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
+EXPAND | COLLAPSE map

Cardrona ski resort

Otago, New Zealand

www.cardrona.com
+EXPAND | COLLAPSE

Cardrona ski resort is located in Otago, New Zealand. With a peak elevation of 1,860m, it offers skiers and snowboarders a 600m vertical drop.

Cardrona ski resort is a favourite amongst many visitors staying in Queenstown or Wanaka. Moreover, the friendly atmosphere and wide open groomers make it very popular amongst families, beginners, intermediates, and freestylers. Here, views of the mountains and down into the South Lake Valley are beautiful. The on-mountain accommodation, albeit limited, is also a major drawcard.

With consistently good weather and reliable snow conditions, Cardrona ski resort has superb, wide terrain spread across three main valleys. It also includes the Southern Hemisphere's most extensive terrain parks. The ski area boasts the longest scheduled snow season in the South Island and offers something for everyone!

In total Cardrona ski resort offers 40 km of trails. 25% (10 km) of the total terrain ideal for beginners, 25% (10 km) suitable for intermediate skiers and 50% (20 km) for the more advanced and expert level skiers and snowboarders. This is all easily accessible with 5 ski lifts. They also have 3 magic carpets for the kids.

The terrain at Cardrona ski resort undeservedly has a reputation for being a mountain just for intermediates and more advanced skiers and snowboarders. Such as the steeps of the Arcardia Chutes. They also offer the excitement in the Tulips area and much of the Captain’s area is an off-piste playground.

Cardrona ski resort is host to the Ski Masters in which racers 30 years and over can enter to compete in SG and GS races. They can also participate in Slalom races. The Ski Masters includes après entertainment and awards nights. Whereas, the skia area is the venue for FIS Freestyle Skiing World Cup Halfpipe – Qualifying and Finals, as well.

During summer, lapping the lifts at Cardrona ski resort makes mountain biking easy and unique! It is NZ's highest bike park. It also features Mountain Carting, walking adventures and 'Alpine by Night' experiences.

 

Cardrona ski resort is one of 25 ski resorts on offer in New Zealand. You can view more ski resorts in New Zealand here.

As you are researching and planning your ski holiday one of the most expensive costs to budget for will be your accommodation costs. Snowcomparison offers you the best prices and largest range of hotels, hostels and apartments in and around Cardrona ski resort.

Please visit our STAY page and you can start searching and comparing accommodation prices in Cardrona ski resort. You can now book your ski holiday accommodation directly online through the Snowcomparison website.

Snowcomparison is the only ski resort search engine that enables you to compare almost every ski resort on the planet side-by-side and on a like-for-like basis. With over 2874 ski resorts there are over 4.1 million ski resort comparisons.

We are always reviewing and updating every ski resort profile on the Snowcomparison website, including the information provided here on the Cardrona ski resort profile page. We do strive for accuracy and fairness, but sometimes mistakes do get made. If you do see something that doesn't look right, please contact us and let us know what information we need to update.

We appreciate your support and we hope that Snowcomparison can help you search, compare and book more ski holidays throughout the world.

 

 

Total Trails: 40 km 24.8 mi

  • Easiest 10 km 6.2 mi | 25%
  • More Difficult 10 km 6.2 mi | 25%
  • Most Difficult 20 km 12.4 mi | 50%
  • Terrain Park Yes
  • Half Pipes Yes

Resort Stats


Peak elevation:
1860 m 6102.4 ft
Base elevation:
1670 m 5479 ft
Vertical Drop:
600 m 1968.5 ft
Total Trails:
40 km 24.8 mi
Longest Run:
4 km 2.5 mi

Lift Tickets

  • Day PassNZD 110
  • Kids Day PassNZD 60
  • Season PassNZD 799
  • Kids Season PassNZD 299
Prices check with resort for specials and discounts

Total Ski Lifts 6

  • Chairlifts4
  • T-Bars1
  • Surface Lifts
live cam

Snowmaking Yes

  • Mtn Snowmaking %25 %
  • No of Snow guns42

Snow Report

  • Last Snow:
  • 24hrs Snow
  • Base (natural):
°C
- °C
Wind:

2872

ski resorts

60

Countries